Have you tried multiple hair care products in the market in pursuit of healthy hair, but nothing seems to work for your hair concerns? This is the sign to get back to basics and resort to Ayurveda.
Nature has been the prime source of various groundbreaking remedies for hair growth, hair thinning, scalp infections, premature greying and other hair concerns. There are plenty of Ayurveda products online that are catered to treating different hair concerns. The key is to choose ingredients that will target your hair concerns. Today, let’s discuss the best herbal remedies for your hair targeted at various hair concerts. Let’s get started with the mane ride, shall we?
Bhringraj is a powerful ingredient that tops our herbal products list today. It is an essential ingredient in almost every hair care regime nowadays. A thorough massage on the scalp with Bhringraj oil can eliminate most of your hair concerns and stimulate faster hair growth from the roots.
- Get a few Bhringraj leaves. Bhringraj grows best in moist areas
- Dry the leaves under the sun for a couple of days.
- Add the dry leaves into a container with coconut oil under the sun for another two days
- Wait for the colour of the oil to change to light green
- Massage the oil for about 10 minutes at least three days a week.
Commercial shampoos indeed make your hair soft and silky but at the cost of your hair health. Consistent usage of these chemical-based shampoos strip your hair from its natural moisture and make the hair quality dry and brittle.
A great alternative to your chemical-based shampoos is to use shikakai. Rich in antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Vitamin D, Shikakai is an excellent natural shampoo that not only softens your hair but also keeps it nourished even after the wash.
- Dry the Shikakai pods under the sun for a couple of days.
- Grind the dried pods into a fine powder
- Add the powder with some water and boil it to use as a shampoo
- Or, add the powder into a container with coconut oil and use it in the form of an oil
If you look at the ingredients in most Ayurveda products, you will indeed find reetha or soap nuts as one of them. Reetha is one such ingredient that is common in every natural hair care product as it contributes significantly towards making your hair healthier and shinier.
The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of reetha are excellent to combat the pesky flakes and itching of your scalp, which are common in seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff. It cleanses the scalp from any such microbial growth and leaves the scalp healthy as fine to welcome the growth of new hair.
The ideal recipe for using reetha in your hair care routine is to pair it with shikakai, as the blend is amazing for people who want to get rid of dandruff in the first few hair washes.
- Get some dried soap nuts and shikakai pods and add them to 500 ml of water.
- Boil the water until the colour starts to change to light brownish
- Leave the mixture for cooling.
- Strain the mixture
- Wash your hair with this mixture. You can also let the mixture stay on your hair for about 10 minutes before you rinse it off for the best results.
Another fantastic ingredient very often found in herbal products has to be jojoba. Being a prime source of Vitamin E, Omega 6 and 9 fatty acids and other saturated fatty acids, jojoba reduces the sun damage on the hair and makes it healthy and fresh. It also helps to unclog and cleanse your hair follicles from dirt and grime, which are common reasons for slow or zero hair growth in individuals. The antifungal properties help battle the free radicals that negatively impact our hair and nourish it for a prolonged time.
- Buy an organic jojoba oil from any established ayurvedic store
- Heat it with the double boiler method for about 2-3 minutes
- Apply to your scalp and hair strands thoroughly
- Leave the mix on your hair for about 30 minutes and rinse it off with your preferred shampoo.
Rosemary is the king in the world of essential oils. It is one such oil that has multiple benefits starting from scalp infections to hair growth. Rosemary oil, sourced from organic rosemary, is a highly potent ingredient that keeps the follicles healthy and boosts hair growth in the anagen phase of the hair cycle.
- Buy organic rosemary essential oil from any ayurvedic brand
- Add a few drops of the rosemary oil into any carrier oil such as coconut oil
- Massage the oil into your scalp well to stimulate blood circulation well
- Rinse it with your preferred shampoo after a few hours.
The list of ayurvedic herbal remedies for healthy hair and their benefits is limitless. These natural ingredients hold an inexplicable amount of potency to grow your hair and make it healthy. However, the effects are visible only when you choose organic herbs. Look out for the reviews before you purchase ayurvedic products, as it can help you find the most organic sources of herbs that will contribute to your healthy manes.