During any health problems, when natural remedies do not work out like herbs and ayurveda we tend to start depending on medicine. Same way these seeds work up. Flaxseed contains all types of healthy components, its primary healthy elements to three of them
Omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s.
Lignans, which have both, plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 75 to 800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types.
Today flaxseed is found in every food from frozen waffles to oatmeal. Initially, flaxseed was used by Austrians for medical purposes. Flax seeds have been used in traditional Austrian medicine internally (directly soaked or as tea) and externally (as compresses or oil extracts) for the treatment of cancer, coronary heart diseases, arthritis, skin problems and stress.
Benefits Of Flaxseed:
- Cancer: For humans, flaxseed has a preventive effect on the cancer such breast cancer, prostrate cancer and colon cancer. On other hand, for animals it has a cure for tumor and growth due to omega 3 fatty acid. It has components of antioxidants which also help to protect against cancer and heart.
- Cardiovascular Diseases: Omega-3 fatty acids help the cardiovascular system through several different mechanisms, including anti-inflammatory action and normalizing the heartbeat.it also has a control on blood pressure lowering effects. Eating diet which has 4 teaspoons of flaxseed helps one control cholesterol levels.
- Skin Problems: People facing skin problems should eat 2 teaspoons of flaxseed mixed with yogurt, juice or cereal, twice in a day to cut off all the skin problems.
- Stress: Having flaxseed with honey approximately 1 tea spoon for reducing stress. It helps resolve health problems easily.
- Arthritis: Flaxseed mixed with wheat flour would be best to treat arthritis because of omeba-3 fatty acids which turn to EPA and DHA.
Who Shouldn’t Use Flaxseed?
Breast feeding mothers and pregnant women are not supposed to consume flaxseed. At these times flaxseed works opposite towards the women’s health. Make sure your health condition before consuming flaxseeds. Excessive consumption is not good.
Flaxseed is a super food because of its many potential health benefits. But keep in mind there is no magic food or nutrient that guarantees improved health. What matters is consistently making great dietary choices as part of an overall healthy lifestyle.